How to Export iMovie Project to DVD Using iDVD (Mountain Lion included)
For iMovie '06
1. Before exporting iMovie to iDVD, consider whether you want a scene selection menu on your DVD. If not, simply make sure that your clips are organized in the timeline in the order that you want to view them. If you do want to be able to select scenes from a menu, you must insert Chapter Markers in the appropriate places. To insert a Chapter Marker:
- Select a clip in the iMovie timeline.
- From the Markers menu, select Add a Chapter Marker.
- Note: you can remove a Chapter Marker by selecting a previously marked movie clip and then selecting Delete Chapter Maker).
- Once chapter markers are inserted, the timeline will reflect the time position of the chapter markers.
Please note that iDVD can only handle 6 chapters per screen - if you think that your project is going to require more than 6 chapters, please consult a member of the Knapp Staff for assistance.
2. Select the clip(s) on the Timeline that you would like to export.
3. From the File menu choose Share.
4. In the box that pops up, select iDVD.
5. Click Share.
6. iDVD will open.
7. See the iDVD Documentation to finish your project. Then you could either choose to edit your project in iDVD or directly burn it to a DVD disc.
For iMovie '08, iMovie '09, iMovie '11
From iMovie 06 to iMovie 08 and 09, there are lots of changes that include iMovie 08, 09 don’t have drop down option for importing iMovie Projects to iDVD. But, this function is still available.
1. Share your iMovie Project to Media Browser, which will be saved as an iMovie Project file.
2. Open iDVD, and create a new iDVD project.
3. Find your iMovie project and directly drag and drop to iDVD project. Then you could either choose to edit your project in iDVD or directly burn it to a DVD disc.