How to Export Only Audio from iMovie (Mountain Lion included)
1. Select the clip(s) on the Timeline you would like to export.
2. From the File menu, choose Share.
3. In the box that pops up, select Export using QuickTime. From the pull down menu for Compress Movie for, choose Expert Settings.
4. Uncheck the video option in Movie Settings.
5. A window will appear.
- In the Save As field enter a filename i.e. audio name .aif.
- For Where to save your file, choose the Desktop.
- From the Export menu, choose Sound to AIFF. Click Save.