How to Convert MP4 to MOV on Mac (Mountain Lion included)
If you need to convert MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14) and HD MP4(Xvid,H.264) file to MOV, just try this Mac Video Converter (free trial). It not only converts MP4 to MOV (iMovie, other video editing software, etc) on Mac OS X, but also converts MOV to MP4 on Mac, with the latest Lion, Mountain Lion supported.
Now just download and run this Video Converter for Mac to convert MP4 files to MOV without any hassle.
Supported Mac OS:
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X Mountain Lion
- Unibody Macbook, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac and PC with Mac OS X.
Step 1, Import Files
Import file to MP4 to MOV converter by either clicking the + button, or drag-drop the files, you can import more than one file one time.
Step 2, Select MOV as output format
Click the double up-arrow at the bottom of this program's pane, and then choose MOV from the Video tab as the output format.
Step 3, Edit videos with MP4 to MOV Converter for Mac (Optional)
If you are not satisfied with video effect, resolution, or bite rate, or you need extract some clips of the video, there are video editing functions such as trimming, cropping, changing effect and so on.
Step 4, Start converting MP4 to MOV on Mac OS X (Mountain Lion supported)
After converting MP4 videos to MOV, you could easily import to other powerful video editing software, or just embed into website for sharing with your visitors.
- Apple QuickTime Player - supports MPEG-4 SP, AVC and AAC.
- Realnetworks RealPlayer 10 - supports MPEG-4 SP + B-frames (only in the plus version) and AAC.
- MPlayer - free (open source) player, supports MPEG-4 ASP and AVC, available for various OSes, like Win, Linux, Mac OS.
- VLC Player - free (open source) player, supports MPEG-4 ASP and AVC, various OSes supported.
- MPEG4IP WMP4Player - open source (LGPL/MPL), supports MPEG-4 ASP and AVC.
- Dicas Mpegable - supports RTP streaming, AAC, MPEG-4 ASP, AMR (.3gp audio) decoding.
- EnvivioTV Plug-in - supports advanced content/BIFS (sample), AAC, MPEG-4 ASP and AVC in MP4.
- GPAC Osmo4 - open source (GPL), able to decode BIFS (subtitles, user interactivity, DVD-like menus...) and TTXT.
MP4 is short for Moving Picture Expert Group-4. Apple has developed two of its own ISO-compliant video codecs, MPEG-4 part 2 (a.k.a. MPEG-4 simple profile) and MPEG-4 part 10 (a.k.a. H.264) providing the highest quality results across a wide spectrum of data rates — from narrowband to broadband and beyond.