How to Convert FLV to iMovie ( iMovie '11 included) on Mac Mountain Lion
1. How to convert FLV to iMovie on Mac OS X (10.8 Mountain Lion included)
This tutorial will show you how to convert .flv to iMovie on Mac OS X including Lion and Mountain Lion using FLV to iMovie Converter for Mac. After the conversion, you can import YouTube video to iMovie (iMovie '11 included) to do further editing smoothly. This program supports a wide range of video formats, including FLVs from Google video, Yahoo Video, Myspace video and so on. It tranfers FLV to iMovie compatible video (such as .mp4, .mov, m4v, etc.), as well as extract audio from .flv to MP3, AAC, AIFF, AC3, WMA ,and so on. Below is the step by step guide.
Free download and install FLV to iMovie Converter for Mac
Install and run the mac flv to iMovie(.mp4) converter. Output supported by this Mac flv to iMovie converter include QuickTime(MOV), iTunes, VLC, iMovie, iDVD, etc.
Step 1: Add FLV video files to convert to iMovie(.mp4)
Click File -> Add Media Files button to browse your computer hard drive and select FLV video files you want to convert. This FLV to iMovie video converter for Mac supports drag-drop and batch conversion, so you can import and convert several flv files to iMovie videos at a time.
Step 2: Select output format as iMovie
Click the double up-arrow at the bottom of this program's pane, and then choose iMovie as output format from Format list.
Step 3: Start to convert FLV to iMovie on Mac (Mountain Lion supported)
Click Convert to start flv to iMovie(.mp4) video conversion for Mac, just forget it and have a cup of coffee.
With Mac FLV to iMovie Converter enhanced editing functions, you also can trim, crop, add effect on your video, merge several flv video clips into one file, and extract audio and image from FLV on Mac.
2. Why FLV becomes more and more popular on the web
Know more about your FLV videos. Below is the main reasons why FLV turns popular in the internet realm.
- • FLV file sizes are small compared to others (almost 60% less). Thus they take up less space on a server and can be easily downloaded.
- • Flash Communications servers are easier to maintain than others, and are less prone to security threats.
- • Flash files can be easily viewed by over 90% of web visitors (mostly due to the Flash player browser plug in), FLV file plays directly in more browsers than VLC Media Player, Mplayer or QuickTime Pro.
- • You can easily convert various video to flash format with some tools like Mac video to FLV converter.
- • FLV players can be completely customized for logos, branding visions and embedded links matching your website or product.
- • Flash can be used for a multitude of uses, for example movies, online presentations, banner ads, internet animations, etc.