How to Play MTS Files on Mac (Mountain Lion included)
More and more people like HD videos for the high quality of videos, and most brand camcorders such as Sony, Canon, Panasonic and JVC store their videos as MTS format. As we know, there are many HD players for Windows OS, but for Mac, it hard to find free players which support MTS and M2TS, especially when QuickTime doesn't support playing MTS on Mac.
As we all know, QuickTime is the media player with Mac OS X (Snow Leopard, Lion included). if you don't like the image played on VLC player, you can display your MTS files on QuickTime after conversion with MTS to QuickTime converter for Mac.
Below is the interface of MTS converter Mac, only 3 steps to complete above conversion:
- Load your source MTS files by drag and drop.
- Click the bottom format icon to reveal the output panel and choose MOV, MP4 as the output format.
- Hit the Convert button to kick off MTS conversion on Mac.
Refer to details information and guide, please refer to How to convert MTS to QuickTime on Mac.
After playing and preview your MTS files on QuickTime with the converted files, maybe you feel like to select certain videos to do special editing and archiving .Do not forget this MTS to QuickTime converter for Mac, cause it also functions a good video editor. You can trim MTS videos, crop MTS videos and set brightness and contrast to videos. Effects can also be added to videos to enjoy.
There are the below collected methods to watch MTS HD videos on Mac.
First. Introduce some MTS player for Mac.
1. VLC media player is the most popular and free way to play MTS/M2TS files. Download VLC media player for Mac OS X and run this application, drag the MTS files to the play list, and then double click it. Now you can play MTS video on your Mac.
2. Mac OS Roxio Toast 10 Titanium is the second option to play MTS files on Mac.
3. Other players like ALLPlayer, MPlayer, Bsplayer can also play MTS. Besides, MTS/M2TS files can also be played on Sony PlayStation 3s and Sony Bravia TVs. Just transfer MTS files to the devices and play with the natively included media player.
Comparing these methods to play MTS files on Mac, VLC media player and play MTS on QuickTime with MTS to QuickTime is strongly recommended. And the good quality of MTS videos from Sony, Canon, Panasonic and JVC camcorders will be well kept.