How to Upload Video to YouTube Site on Mac (Mountain Lion included)
This article includes two parts to guide you how to upload video to YouTube.
Part 1: YouTube supported video requirements.
Part 2: Step by step to upload video to YouTube site.
Part 1: YouTube supported video formats
A video file should meet the following requirements so that it can be uploaded to YouTube site.
1. In an acceptable format: FLV, WMV, MPEG4, MOV, AVI and MPEG.
2. Video length is shorter 10 minutes.
3. File size is smaller than 1GB.
Tips: Regarding the acceptable formats, If your video is not accepted, like MKV, MTS, M4V, etc. you can get a Mac Video Converter to convert the videos to YouTube supported video format and then upload the converted videos to YouTube.
Part 2: Step by step to upload video to YouTube site on Mac
If you are sure that a video file meets the above requirements, you can just follow the easy steps below to upload it to YouTube:
1. Sign up a YouTube account or Gmail account, then click the Upload button on any YouTube web page.
See the figure below:
2. Type in the information of your video file, including Title, Description, Category and tags. To increase the chances that your video can be easily found, you should put as much information as possible.
3. Set this video to be public or private.
4. Click the Upload a video button. When you see the next window, click the Browse button to select the video file you want to upload. Then click the Upload Video button to upload it. After the upload is finished, you will see the completion page. See the figure below:
5. Click My Videos and you will see the figure below:
Here you can view the information of the uploaded videos. YouTube allows you to edit your videos using the four Edit buttons: Edit Video Info, Edit Annotation, Make a Profile icon and Insight.