How to Import Movies to iMovie/iMovie '11 (Mountain Lion included)
One of the benefits about digital video is that the videos can be shared with family and friends. iMovie (iMovie 11 included) is created for this purpose. With just several steps, you can spice up your movies so as to embed movies to your website, publish them on YouTube, create versions for iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV, or play on iTunes, QuickTime. If you are ready to make a movie using iMovie (iMovie 11 included), here are something you need to foreknow.
1. imovie compatible video files?
- Tapeless Camcorder (MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and AVCHD);
- Tape based DV-Standard and HDV (High Definition Video);
- Part Camera/Mobile Phone video/other video recorder devices (MPEG-1, MEPG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, 3GP, MP4);
- Part of QuickTime compatible MOV videos;
- MPEG-4 video.
So iMovie(iMovie '09 and iMovie '11 included) work with most Mini DV tape-based camcorders and tapeless camcorders. If you have problem to import your mini dv tapes to apple imac, MTS files to iMoive, or any other video formats to iMovie,you can refer to the solution describled as below.
2. How to make Video files like FLV, AVI, WMV, QuickTime (.mov), etc compatible with iMovie (iMovie '11 included)
With Movie to iMovie Converter, you can convert YouTube video (.flv), QuickTime video (.mov), Windows Media Video(.wmv), Camcorder HD formats (including Sony/ Canon/ JVC/ Panasonic AVCHD .mts .m2ts, JVC/ Canon/ Panasonic .mod, .moi, .mpg, .mpeg, JVC .tod, .m2t, M4V (without DRM protection), AVI, ASF, VOB and other popular video formats to iMovie supported .mp4, .mov video. Moreover, you can easily trim, split, rotate or merge videos using its embedded editing functions, or extract audio from video files to MP3, AAC, AIFF, etc. Now let's walk through how to convert iMovie .mov in simple 3 steps.
Free download Movies to iMovie Converter (OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion supported):
Convert movies with .mov iMovie Converter for Mac effortlessly:
1) Simply drag-and-drop the movie files need to convert into this iMovie.mov converter, be it MTS, MPG, MOD, MOV, etc.
2) Click the bottom output panel, and then choose configured presets for iMovie from the Editing category as the output format;
3) Hit the Convert button to kick off to mpg to iMovie, mts to imovie, mod to imovie conversion, etc on Mac.
3. How to load DVD or Video_TS folder into iMovie
If loading DVD folder, Video_TS, ISO or VOB files to iMovie for editing ('08/'09/'11 included), you can refer to this tutorial: How to Import DVD to iMovie.
4. Tips for creating your own home movie with iMovie
First, get your MTS, MPG, MOD,MOV, MP4 files ready on your computer. Then go to File>New Project to build a new project in iMovie. You can design the name and choose widescreen like 16:9 or 4:3 as per your needs. After that, choose your favorite Theme, add background music, split movie clips, add video effect in iMovie, and more to create your home movie at ease.
Note: If you want to import videos from camcorders or devices, make sure that your camcorder type supported by iMovie.
Free download movies to iMovie converter (free trial):