How to Transfer Music/Videos/Photos from Mac to Android Phone
Android smartphone can be used as a media player. The feature makes it more popular, for users can play music, videos, photos on their Android phones anytime and anywhere, without carrying other extra media players. If you have a Mac, an idea comes up in your mind is to transfer and play media files like music/videos/photos from Mac to Android phones. But it's difficult, for all Android phones are incompatible with Mac. Fortunately, in this article, I'll introduce a reliable way to make music/videos/movies/photos from your Mac available on Android mobile photos.
When you plug it into Mac, the Mac can detect the Android device as a disk drive. To open it, you can copy any file from Mac to Android mobile phone, including music,videos and images. Maybe most Mac users know this method, but they're often confused by the same strange phenomenon. They can find some transferred media files on Android devices, some are not. Why? That's because these missing media files are incompatible with Anddroid.
Ok, let's start the project. You just follow me step by step. I guarantee that all of your media files from Mac can work very well on your Anroid smartphones.
Part 1: Deal with your media files like music/videos/movies on Mac
No matter what type of Android phones you have, the device has its own specs, only supporting a few audio/video formats and all popular image formats. You can optionally go to http://www.wikipedia.org/ to check the supported audio/video formats of your device. For those incompatible audios/videos you want to transfer from Mac to Android, you need a Video Converter for Mac to deal with the incompatible issue. There are some steps:
1. Download, install and run the video converter for Mac.
2. Drag & drop your audio/video files from Mac to this app, or click + to import media files.
3. Open this app's output format panel in the bottom of program window. If you want to transfer music from Mac to Android,you can select MP3 in the Audio tab as the output format. For video files, you can go to Devices and then select Android Generic.
Note: If you want to transfer photos from Mac to Android, you don't need to deal with photos, for Android devices support almost all popular image formats.
4. Click the Convet button to encode music and video to an Android-supported format.
Part 2: Transfer files/photos/videos/music from Mac to Android
Now, you can be assured to copy Mac files to the SD card of your Android phones. Make sure there is enough storage room on SD card for these media files.
1. On your phone, press Setting >Applications>Development, and then tick USB debugging, Stay awake, Allow mock location.
2. Connect Android phone to Mac. When you see the USB connected option on your HTC screen, just mount it.
3. Go to Finder>Devices, open your Android disk drive, then drag and drop the converted audio/video files and photos to your Android smartphone.
Note:If necessary, you can refer to a more detailed guide on How to Sync Android With Mac.
Part 3: Play music/videos/photos on Android
On your Android phones, open your media apps Music, Videos, Gallery to respectively preview your music, video, photo files. That's all.